donderdag 24 mei 2012

Back at it again...

Hello all!  Yes...I am back at model cars after a 15 year layoff. It happened that  was "shoved" into the digital world...PCs,etc., which coincidently was what took up whatever spare time I had left over for modeling. Now that my digital life/work is on an even keel...I find myself with extra spare time and the strong desire to get back into building model cars.

Last week, I dusted off the compressor, took out the old airbrushes and started weeding Thur all my modeling supplies,( and after telling my wife "I told ya so"...about keeping all this stuff in storage for 15 years) I am pleased to see that the hobby has embraced the digital world...which opens up many many doors for any hobbies.

Ok...enough rambling... I have alot of unbuilt kits to sort out , but I'll no doubt have many questions for the forum in the coming months/years. And again...I'm happy to see the hobby is alive, well and still thriving. Oh and get this...my wife wants to get into it this time.  The jury's still out on that so, I'll get back to ya about it in the next few months.

I have one question; Ive tried many different ways to photograph my finished models but have always come up lousy results. Either they look too 'fake'...too shiney...etc.,etc., Ive read several articles on how to take better looking pictures but without investing a ton of money for the xtras needed,ie: flash umbrellas;filters,etc,etc....but using a middle of the road 35mm DSLR alone, doesn't produce very "real" looking results. I will listen to any and ALL suggestions out there.

Thanks for listening,

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1017578.aspx

EARLY MORNING RAIN EARTH ANGEL EARTH BOY EASY COME EASY GO SUCH AN EASY QUESTION

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten